Re: K56Flex Modems

"Kevin Traas" <ktraas@uniserve.com> writes:

> "Winmodem" products are really a PITA in Linux - unless something's changed
> that I don't know about....

Winmodem products are really a PITA in any SO other than win95.

> Also, I've had internal modems that have caused problems under Linux/Unix in
> the past....  Although I didn't look too closely into it, someone mentioned
> that this was some sort of an interrupt problem....

irqtune solve this problem for every modem.
This is a PC hardware conception problem.  Hard disks have preference to
serial lines in the standard configuration.

Perhaps, this should be automatically managed by debian.  For instance, if I
have loaded PPP.

--
Alair Pereira do Lago  <alair@ime.usp.br> <http://www.ime.usp.br/~alair>
Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil