Re: magicfilter permissions

Orn E. Hansen writes:

>> This is what is currently set mode wise:
>># ls -l /usr/local/bin/hpset
>>  11 -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        10445 Jul 10 16:47
>> /usr/local/bin/hpset*
>># ls -l /dev/lp1
>>    0 crw-rw----   1 root     lp         6,   1 May 28 17:16 /dev/lp1
>
>  You can either, make '/dev/lp1' accessable to everybody.  Or, you can
>make your 'hpset' program as a member of group 'lp' and make it set
>group id.

Since this is a standalone machine I did both the above and still no luck.
I am trapping the output of the hpset and it says is still can't open the
/dev/lp1 device, it just cat's it to it.

#ls -l /usr/local/bin/hpset
  11 -rwxr-sr-x   1 root     lp          10445 Jul 10 16:47 /usr/local/bin/hpset*
#ls -l /dev/lp1
   0 crw-rw-rw-   1 root     lp         6,   1 May 28 17:16 /dev/lp1

I am really confused.  As root it works, as a regular user it works but as
the printer daemon it does not work!

Thanks for any input,

Brian
--