Update: mounting MS-DOS fs onto Linux

I have not yet tried to install LILO.  But I have rebuilt
Linux with a different device-set about 2-3 times.
I'm not sure how that could impact the /dev/hda1
partition since that drive is excluded from my boot
setup files.

BTW, /dev/hda1 has about 2GB of Win95 software,
so my preference is to avoid re-building it.

Any further clues?

-c