Re: KDE Beta1

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, nir wrote:

 : I could not find a debian package set for "KDE Beta1" installable in Debian 1.3.1
 : Does anyone know where to get these, when they exist!!
 :
 : should i install rpm's ??

There are several differences between the RPM and the DEB packages (they are
in hamm, I believe). This is because of the fact that KDE (==.tar.gz and
.rpm) isn't "Debian-compliant".

I installed RPM's, not using alien or something, but using rpm2cpio, and
extracting the cpio archive to /usr/local/kde. /opt/kde is a symlink to
/usr/local/kde.

Everything is working fine over here.

Remco