Re: CD mount

Franck LE GALL - STAGIAIRE A FT.BD/CNET/DTD/PIH wrote:
:Recently, I wrote a CD under Win 95 using easy CD pro.
[...]
:But when I try to read it under Linux, it does the same thing
:as under dos: all the long filenames are translated to 8.3

The Win95 formatters usually write the CDROM as "Joliet" file
system - i.e. they use a proprietary format that's currently not
supported in production releases of Linux. That's why you get
long filenames in Win95, but nowhere else. What you want to do
is format your image using the Rockridge Extensions. Alas, I
don't think that there's a CDROM formatter/writer software for
Windows that'll do that for you. What you should do is create
the CDROM image using mkisofs on Linux, and then write that
image using your Windows writer software.

Bye,
--
Thomas Baetzler, thb@regioservice.de, bath0011@fh-karlsruhe.de
<A HREF="http://www.fh-karlsruhe.de/~bath0011/>Visit my Homepage!</A>