Re: MTA Suggestion

On Sat, Nov 08, 1997 at 12:30:22AM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
: I would like to request that exim replace smail as the default MTA for Debian.

It doesn't make good sense to do this.

exim runs out of inetd.  For mailers, this is bad, unless you're a very
low volume site.

I nominate qmail + tcpserver/tcpcontrol.  I'm in the process of converting
all of my boxes to it.  Very nice, easy to control relaying/spam, and
FAST.

--
Jason Costomiris <><		| "VMS is about as secure as a poodle
jcostom@sjis.com		|  encased in a block of lucite....