Re: PPP kill problem

<tmalloy@escape.com> writes:

> PON will have already stopped because of the carrier detect
> falure, but will come back in little while with a different PID.

Try removing the "persist" flag, if it's enabled anywhere.  You won't
get automatic redials, though.

[snip]

> Solution B:  Edit the PON scripts so that they pause until the beeps are
> done, and there is a clear line.

Change the phone number to have a few commas in front.  To have almost
my modem pause two seconds before dialing, I could have it dial
ATDT,9616050 instead of ATDT9616050.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

	       Neniu anticipas la hispanan Inkvizicion.