Linux and Power Computing machine

Hello!, I am working at my high school to set up a web server.  The hardware
we have available is a power computing 180 running Mac os8.  I run debian on
my Pentium at home, and would like to install it to run the web server
(hopefully apache) and the 180 at school.  I had tried to get ppclinux to
run, but apparently the machine doesn't have openfirmware so I could not go
that route.  So then I tried mklinux, but that won't work either because the
machine uses ide not the typical scsi disks and I was unable to install
mklinux.  Does anyone know of a way to install any type of linux
distribution on this box, a Power Computing 180??

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
-km