Re: Quake problem

> I have a problem with quake on a new machine.
>
>  It's a p166 MMX with an ET6000 pci vid card, 32M RAM.
>
> running squake often times crashes out when starting with the following
> error:
>
>  svgalib: caught signal 11: segmentation fault
>
> the kernel is 2.0.30 and all packages are from stable as of a week ago.

Someone reported that this went away when their kernel was compiled
for 386 instead of Pentium.  You might try this.  It seems to be
associated with MMX machines.

I noticed there's an squake1.1 out there.  Maybe it's fixed there?
Though if recompiling the kernel fixes it, maybe it's not a quake
problem.

--
Pete Harlan
pete@mymenus.com