Re: MAC Zips w/hfsutils (hmount)

Thalia L. Hooker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've looked at the man page for hmount and the hfsutils web page but wasn't
> able to mount my MAC zip (SCSI) using hmount. If you have done this, what
> command did you use?
>
> I've tried :
>
> hmount /dev/sda4 1
> hmount /dev/sda4
> and other permutations of this. The man page shows a SCSI example, with
> /dev/sd2? There is no such device on my system, and I thought sda4 was the
> one to use with zips.
>
> The message I get says:
> SCSI device sda: hdwr sector=512 bytes. Sectors= 196608 [96 MB] [0.1 GB]
> sda: Write Protect is off
>  sda: unknown partition table
> hmount: /dev/sda4 error opening device (No such device or address)
>
> btw, I have successfully used hmount w/floppies.

I've never done this before, but here's what I think anyway.
The device you're using, /dev/sda4, is trying to access SCSI disk 'a'
(the
first scsi disk), partition '4'. Now, you're getting messages
complaining
that the partition table is incomprehensible to Linux (probably because
there *is no* partition table per-se since it's been Mac'ed). Why don't
you try '/dev/sda' as the device.

Just my thoughts. I could be wrong.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen