Re: Update: immovable mouse cursor under XFree86 (Debian 1.3)

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Charles Read wrote:

> I changed (under the "Pointer" section) the
> Protocol to be "PS/2", and then changed
> the Device to be "/dev/mouse"  [On my box,
> /dev/mouse is a link to /dev/ttyS0.].

I'm pretty sure you need /dev/psaux.
Why don't you
a) try deleteing /dev/psaux and running MAKEDEV psaux again?
b) check your permissions on psaux?

also,  don't know if this's been brought up yet,  but do you have psaux
support compiled into the kernel?

							Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|               You say "Love is a temple.  Love the higher law."        |
|	        You ask me to enter,  but then you make me crawl.        |
|	          And I can't be holding on to what you got              |
|	                   When all you got is hurt.                     |