procmail help

I have an idea for netscape <-> system mail sharing..

* Netscape should setup to use it's movemail application
* Netscape should be setup to use it's regular mail dirs & filter the mail
* Pine, etc should use the same mail directory
* All system mail programs should check for netscape's lock file
  if [ -L $HOME/.netscape/lock ]; then
  and not execute if it exists.. (netscape can't handle another program
  modifing the mail boxes).

What I need to know is how to disable procmail filtering when the lock
file exists.. is this possible?

-Paul