Re: problems with Jaz partitioning

Jaz seems to work well here using the Adaptec AIC7850 chip on my motherboard,
and the aic7xxx driver. No partitioning problems like you describe. Try changing
the termination settings from auto to manual-on or manual-off. If you are
terminating the SCSI bus use an active terminator. I have had trouble with
SCSI in general that I actually traced down to the cable, and that cable that
comes with the Jaz drive looks rather thin compared to the Belkin "space
shuttle" cable I usually use. The Belkin cable costs $$$ but seems to be worth
it.

Jaz also works, but with several problems, on my SGI. It's mostly kernel
problems in IRIX 6.2 that keep it from working perfectly.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html