problems with Jaz partitioning

Hi.

I just put new SCSI adapter (SIIG i540) and external Jaz drive on my
machine and I am having ome problems with them.
First of all, if I commpile SCSI suport for my adpater (AdvanSys chipset)
as modules, every single operation with drive is very flacky and system
crashes after 2 minutes of using it.
If compiled into kernel, it is OK to mount and use the drive formated by
JazTools, but if I try to use fdisk to remove msdos partition and
create ext2 partition - it fails. If I do just that -create new
partition and reboot - partition table is not recognized.
If I repertition, create ext2 filesystem, mount, do something - everything
OK until I umount and when I mount again, it gives me LOTS of fs errors.
the more I mount and then umount, the bigger number of errors I get.
And again, after reboot, it can't recognize partition table.

It looks like I can't write properly to the drive (yes, I removed rw
protection). Who's fault is that - bad disk (doubtfully, JasTools
do low-level format OK, and I have no problems with it in Windows),
bad drive itself (?), bad SCSI adapter, bad driver for the adapter?

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--
   _