Re: How to maintain a network of workstations via dselect?

> I have a bunch of PC's (actually two :-)) running Debian
> Linux. However, I want them to be exactly the same but dont want to
> run dselect on both machines, but would rather have any
> installations/removals/configs/etc affect both machines simultaneously.

I believe that there is a debian package of cfengine which is the only too
I know of which will help you do this.  It might be worth you while to
investigate that... though personally with only two machines I wouldn't
bother :-)

> Is this possible? If not, shouldn't it be?

Strictly speaking, no.  This is because something have to be unique to the
box, IP numbers host names etc.

Adam.

 4050 Lake Otis		    Adam  Shand        (v) +1 907 562 4638
 Anchorage, Alaska     Systems Administrator   (f) +1 907 562 1677
+----------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz -----------------+