Can't install Debian 1.3.1

Hi Debian users:

  I just bought Debian 1.3.1 CDs and try to install it.
I have created resuce and root disks and follow the instruction to
restart my PC and boot from resuce disk.

  After boot: prompt shows up and I type linux. The following messages
prompt repeatly. And never ask me for root disk.
  aic7xxx: (abort) Aborting scb0, TCL 0/0/0
  SCSI 0 abort (pid 1) timed out - resetting

  Does anyone knows the problem?

Note. I am using Asus VX97 motherboard ( pentium 200 ) and Adeptec 2940
Ultra SCSI adapter.

jltseng@hotmail.com
Nov.1 1997