Re: sig 11 problem when compiling kernel???

>> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote
>> (regarding hardware problems indicated by failed kernel compiles):
>>
>> > You can also change the bios setings, adding more wait states or so.
>>
>>      This is a good idea.  I forgot to mention that I already
>> did that.

 Hi!

 Also you *may* have faulty cache on the motherboard - try disabling it and pray that
 the warranty is still on .. SRAM chips are much more sensitive to static discharges
 than normal DRAM chips. I've been dealing a lot with plain chips going to production
 usage and know that it ain't bs what they say about grounding.

 Also the reason may be heat - CPU or regulators near it. Check that the processor has
 deacent heatsink AND thermal compound between them. Just plain hetsink without anything
 between processor and it won't do much good.

>>   -- Frank

	--j