Re: [Q] autofs and kernel 2.0.31

Olivier THARAN wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 1997 at 10:56:28AM -0700, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> > How should I proceed with kernel 2.0.31 and autofs?  Would the autofs
> > deamon 0.3.14 wouk with the autofs support in kernel 2.0.31?
> I'd say, if the patches for autofs are included in 2.0.31, go ahead, just
> install autofs-0.3.14 and use the kernel configured for autofs support. It
> has worked fine for some time now in the 2.1.x series, so I suppose the
> 2.0.31 support is the latest.
>
> Installation of the daemon is fairly easy, just let it install, and make
> your maps /etc/auto.master with everything sensible. Then, launch the
> daemon and here you go!

I just found an even better method.  Just downloaded autofs from hamm
(unstable).  I prefer the Debian distribution to a local installation.
If the hamm autofs installation goes OK I'm set.  If it does not work
out, I can always make a local installation of autofs.

Speaking of automounting, have any of you folks come across a way of
automounting SMB "volumes"?  I don't like smbclient/smbmount.

Thaths
--
     "Expiry date June Nineteen Eighty Nin-Two Thousand Twelve."
                      -- Homer J Simpson