[Q] autofs and kernel 2.0.31

Hi,

Thanks, first of all, to all the folks who answered my questions on
getting Sound and CD to work on my Compaq DeskPro XL.

I have been fooling around with kernel 2.0.31 that I downloaded from
funet.fi  I see that autofs support is included with this release of the
kernel.  Are there docs on autofs?  I am currently using amd and would
like to switch to autofs.  I also downloaded autofs-0.3.14  This has the
autofs deamons and modules and a patchfile for kernel 2.0.30  I am
unable to compile kernel 2.0.30 with autofs support.  That is the reason
I moved up to kernel 2.0.31

How should I proceed with kernel 2.0.31 and autofs?  Would the autofs
deamon 0.3.14 wouk with the autofs support in kernel 2.0.31?

Thaths
--
     "Expiry date June Nineteen Eighty Nin-Two Thousand Twelve."
                      -- Homer J Simpson