Re: [Q] autofs and kernel 2.0.31

On Tue, Oct 28, 1997 at 10:56:28AM -0700, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> How should I proceed with kernel 2.0.31 and autofs?  Would the autofs
> deamon 0.3.14 wouk with the autofs support in kernel 2.0.31?

I'd say, if the patches for autofs are included in 2.0.31, go ahead, just
install autofs-0.3.14 and use the kernel configured for autofs support. It
has worked fine for some time now in the 2.1.x series, so I suppose the
2.0.31 support is the latest.

Installation of the daemon is fairly easy, just let it install, and make
your maps /etc/auto.master with everything sensible. Then, launch the
daemon and here you go!

If you have any problems, feel free to tell me, I've installed autofs
without a glitch.

olive
--
		Olivier Tharan, <tharan@int-evry.fr>

This message transmited on 100% recycled electrons.