Re: [Q] ppp login

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Pere Camps wrote:

> 	I'm now using the /etc/shadow for access, as it is very convient
> (not having to set up all the users in pap-secrets). Now, is there any way
> to deny PPP access to some users in the /etc/shadow list?

Take a look at ppp-secrets (it will be used firtst, then pppd will go to
/etc/shadow). The example there says:

# UserIDs that cannot use PPP at all. Check your /etc/passwd and add any
# other accounts that should not be able to use pppd!
guest   beagle  "*"     -
master  beagle  "*"     -
root    beagle  "*"     -
support beagle  "*"     -