Re: sig 11 problem when compiling kernel???

Lawrence <ychim@ForeverMail.com> wrote (ragarding hardware problems
indicated by failed kernel compiles):

> because you are using K6, make sure that it is made after week 30.  K6
> before week 30 will trigger a bug where people cannot compile Linux
> kernel if there are more than 32MB in their computer.  It only happens
> to Linux world and in fact the bug is uncovered by Linux guys.

     Thanks for the tip.  I don't _think_ this is my problem.  I
have only 24 MB of RAM and I have an AMD K5-P90 rather than a K6.
My motherboard manual's title page says

         Pentium(tm) PCI
   KM-T5-V Rev:2.0 Main Board

with no other identification in the manual.  It does show jumpers
for bus speed and clock multiplier, so after I try pulling unnecessary
cards I'll be interested in seeing what happens if I choose a slower
speed.

  -- Frank