Dual Monitor With Linux?

hello !

is there anybody ever seen, or used 2 monitors on linux
as:
	1 SVGA (S3trio64)	for X
	1 hercules(MDA) 	for console

...I found some kernelpatches at sunsite,(or tsx-11?) but these patches
against 0.99.13 and so on ;-))) (museum rules)
..
so I changed a line at /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/vga.c

 if (ORIG_VIDEO_MODE == 7)     /*  Is this a monochrome display? */

to:
 if(1)               /* YES I know I have a monochrome display ;-) */

it works half... I can use MDA for console and SVGA for X, with a little
cosmetic problem:
MDA scrolling broken (if I change to VT1 and back to VT2 example it looks
again good, and after again 1 linefeed and it's broken again)

second problem: if I run X ... it will run on SVGA as hell...
but when I want to type to the MDA console, and I switch (CTRL-ALT-F2 for
example, the SVGA monitor switchs back to text mode ;-(
and when I change back to X (CTRL-ALT-F7) then the MDA console switch to
tty7 ;-) and so on.........

	is there anyone who can help me?

		thanks,
			redax

|Zsolt Varga            | tel/fax: +36 36 422811           |
| AgriaComputer LTD     | email  : redax@agria.hu          |
| System Administrator  | URL    : http://www.agria.hu/    |