Debugging multi-threaded app?

Hi,

please forgive me since this is not really a Debian-specific question.
Could anybody spare some hints on how to debug a multithreaded app in
Linux? I'm porting an app I originally wrote for Win32 to Linux, and
while I do get a clean compile after substituting pthreads for the
Win32-thread-specific stuff, there's still a cog somewhere in the gears
since I run into a SIGSEGV under certain conditions. gdb seems to be
of no particular use to me since it doesn't support threads yet - the
stack trace I get doesn't look like it's pointing to the source of the
problem.

My development system is a machine running all of the current stuff
from Hamm - but libc6 is not the problem, since I do get about the
same error with libc5 and pthreads installed :-/ (SIGSEGV in __select())

Any tips for packages I should check out besides libefence?

Thanks a lot in advance,
--
Thomas Baetzler, thb@regioservice.de, bath0011@fh-karlsruhe.de
<A HREF="http://www.fh-karlsruhe.de/~bath0011/>Visit my Homepage!</A>