Re: help needed installing hamm

oexel@economatica.com.br (Otavio Exel) writes:

> I've got a newbie index of 2 in a 0..10 range :-)

I've seen negative newbie indexes, so don't worry.

> the set of disks I
> can see in ftp.debian.org/debian/hamm/../disks-i386 are bo based!

Hamm (2.0) won't have boot disks at least until all the software for
them is recompiled for libc6.

> I tried to follow the libc5-libc6-HOWTO but failed on the second step:
> 'dpkg -i ldso_???' worked fine but 'dpkg -i libc6_???' failed due to a
> conflict with libc5; am I missing something obvious?

Maybe the mini-HOWTO's old.  Try getting libc5_??? out of hamm as
well, and installing it before libc6.  Make sure you don't have any
old -dev packages around that will conflict with packages you
install.  Don't use --force-depends!

Some of the unstable packages turn out to be ... unstable, so you
might want to keep an eye on debian-devel.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

	       Neniu anticipas la hispanan Inkvizicion.