smail for lazy newbie user

after tearing my hair out over my aforementioned modem problem, sweating a
bit over pppd configuration I turned my attention to seting up mail stuff.
Fetchmail seemed simple enough, but I'd also like to send (naturally).
I'm presuming you do something with smail.

I poured over the disparate documentation for a couple of hours, then
tried my best and only guess. I put

smart_path=<my isp's smpthost name>

in the config file. It didn't work.

Surely this must be a simple matter. I'm almost embarrassed to bring it to
the attention of the list- but I've had my fill of reading manpages and
HOWTOs for a while.

 Andrew Tarr

(ajt60@cantua.canterbury.ac.nz)

 "Some say love makes the world go around, others say it's money. Actually, it's angular momentum"
   -Dave Frame