Re: Unable F1-F4 mc running in rxvt

On 28-Oct-97 Brian Mays wrote:
      dayear@codenet.net (David Puryear) writes:

     > When running mc under rxvt, I can't use F1-F4, but I can use them in
     > xterm.
     > Again, rxvt is from hamm. With the rxvt from bo, I didn't have this
     > problem.

      Is this a problem with rxvt or with ncurses?  The rxvt version in hamm
      is not much different than the version in bo.

      Try the following:

      In an rxvt window, set TERM=xterm and run mc.  If mc works correctly,
      then the problem is with ncurses not rxvt.

Just tried, and it didn't make any difference. Download 2.20-3 from bo
extracted rxvt to run that without changing anything else, and that worked fine.
So, I would say 2.20-4 is different than 2.20-3.

        Later,
        David