Re: exmh configuration

	Hi Mario. Here's how I do it with procmail. Took me a little bit to figure
out, but now there's no problem. This may or may not help you, I use a dialup
and gwpop, but you can use any MTA that will send mail through a filter.

In Exmh (I'm using 2.0zeta) under Preferences-->Incorporate Mail-->Ways to Inc
choose none.

I've attached my $HOME/.procmailrc

The procmail man page will describe all that I've used, in fact I believe I
built it from an example and only use maybe a portion of the options.

Basically each filter has to start with ":0" and newline. Then the test, then
the action. In Mh/Exmh you have to signify the full path to rcvstore ('which
rcvstore' (if it's in your path), or 'locate rcvstore'(if you've done and
'updatedb')). Rcvstore will correctly file the new message, in mh's mail
format to the proper folder (see the +folder) examples below. Nested folders
would look like "+Linux/Debian" (case is significant). I've commented out the
LOGFILE option cuz I know it works, you may want to check it before you
comment it out. Oh yeah, don't use VERBOSE. Can't remember whether it was MH
or Qmail that it conflicts with, but it does. You may want to set Flist as a
background function every 10 or so minutes to update your folders when new mail
is processed.

Hope this helps,
Lance

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin
MAILDIR=/home/lance      #you'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/Mail    #completely optional
#LOGABSTRACT=no
#LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/.procmail.log   #recommended
#VERBOSE=on

# Alright here we go. Lance's procmail filter . . .

:0
*^To.*qmail
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +qmail

:0
*^Cc.*qmail
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +qmail

:0
*^To.*homebrew
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +beer

:0
*^From.*homebrew
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +beer

:0
*^To.*debian-user
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +Debian

:0
*^Cc.*debian-user
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +Debian

:0
*^To.*linux-kernel
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +kernel

:0
*^Cc.*linux-kernel
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +kernel

:0
*^Sender.*linux-kernel
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +kernel

:0
*^To.*exmh
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +exmh

:0
*^Cc.*exmh
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +exmh

:0
*^To.*linux-security
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +security

:0
*^Cc.*linux-security
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +security

:0
*^To.*linux-dev-kernel
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +kernel

:0
*^Cc.*linux-dev-kernel
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +kernel

:0
*^From.*owner-linux-msdos-digest
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +msdos

:0
*^Sender.*owner-linart
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +Linart

:0
*^Cc.*owner-linart
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +Linart

:0
*
|/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore +inbox
-----
If I had a neat and nifty saying, it would go here.
mailto:stargazer@dlcwest.com                    L^3