Re: dselect infinite loop?

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, PATRICK DAHIROC wrote:

> A weird thing happens to deselect when I run it.  It keeps replacing
> existing files in my system even though I did not select it.  And it keeps
> on doing this over and over again.  This is the first time this has
> happened.  Normally is simply skips over files that were already selected,
> but not anymore I have to Ctrl-C to stop deselect.  Is this a bug with
> deselect or is this bug in my system?  Please let me know

If you note carefully your package selections within the dselect
"selections" screen,  you'll note that dselect does NOT unselect packages
after it installs them -- if you select xforms,  install it (via dselect),
and then run dselect,  it remains selected as "install".  You want to
change this from "install" to "leave in current state";  this is probably
done by pressing "=" when the package line is selected -- at this point
the indicator should change from
*** to **= or something similar.

                     					Will