RE: dosemu and Wordperfect 5.1

On 25-Oct-97 Johann Spies wrote:
> Is there anybody who could get Wordperfect 5.1 working on Dosemu?  I
> would
> like to know how they did it.
>
> Johann

I don't recall any special diffculty once I'd got dosemu itself running OK.

What appears to be the nature of your problem?

Maybe the following tips could be useful.

To get the maximum use of all the "special" keystrokes that WP-5.1 has,
you should start dosemu in a Virtual Console (character terminal) with the
command "dos -C -k". This is also the only mode in which I've managed to
get WP's graphics mode working in Linux.

You may miss quite a few of the special keys if you run it in xdos, but it's
still quite usable. If you start dosemu in an xterm ("dos -C", DON'T do
"dos -C -k") then you again get most of the special keys.

A tip: even in DOS days I had the WP-5.1 menu bar, which you jump to with
"Alt-=" (keyboard macro). The "Alt-=" combination works even in xdos, and
allows you access to most of the WP-5.1 functions via the menu, if you find
that the usual keystrokes don't work.

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: Ted Harding <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>