cdrom problems

Hello!

I've installed v1.3.1 from the "Official" Debian Binary cd, I've used
a noname 24x cdrom drive for installation. Now I had to give back
that drive, now I have a Creative/Matshita CR-581 quad-speed drive.

Every time I mount a cd with the command line:
itom# mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdd /cdrom
I get a message which says: '/dev/hdd: media changed' which I didn't
receive once with the other drive. Is this an error, or what?

The second thing is that when I try to use dselect I get an error
message, (I'm sorry, I don't remember exactly) which says that 'a bad
or corrupted or sg. like that cd detected, using cruft (?),
interleaved files not (yet) supported'. I didn't have any problems
with the other drive with this Debian cd.

Does anyone has any ideas about it?
This Matshita drive is connected to the secondary ide controller for
slave mode (like the other was).

Pse excuse me a little offtopic:
I had problems with this drive under win95, too, but changing the
driver program from a usual cdatapi.sys to a cr_atapi.sys helped.

Thanks in advance,

ITom