LaTeX sources. was: Re: Latex style files

David B. Teague writes:

Where did you find the style files?  I didn't see them on Sunsite.
I'd like to have the Linux style files. Would you tell me a source?

For TeX and friends there exists the Comprehensive TeX Archive Netwok
(CTAN), an archive that contains virtually everything about TeX/LaTeX
etc. It is mirrored all over the world. You can search items in CTAN
using adres: http://www.ora.com/homepages/CTAN-Web/search.html.

CTAN sites are a.o: ftp.shsu.edu /tex-archive/help/TeX-index      in the US
                    ftp.uni-stuttgart.de /soft/tex/help/TeX-index in Germany
                    ftp.tex.ac.uk /pub/archive/help/TeX-index     in UK
and                 ftp.cs.ruu.nl /pub/TEX/DOC/TeX-index.gz       in
                                                                the Netherlands
(The exact directory structures may be obsolete. I got them from
 a book.)

Paul Huygen
phuygen@xs4all.nl