Re: 2.0.31

Lindsay Allen <allen@cleo.murdoch.edu.au> writes:

> I am getting error/warnings on both bo and hamm boxes after installing
> 2.0.31.  Anybody else having trouble with it?

I noticed the following strange bugs:

- a similiar to the one you reported some days before:

        Sep 24 19:59:39 marvin kernel: Warning: dev (03:02) tty->count(1) != \
                #fd's(2) in do_tty_hangup

  but this time for terminals and not for serial devices

- the aix7xxx driver seems to be very unstable when enabling any of
  the new features like SCB paging.  Especially when accessing SCSI
  tapes the system could crash with this enabled (due the crashing I
  have no lines in my logs :-(, I only see them on my tty12).

I'm currently using 2.0.31pre9 with patch 10-2.  But as this version
(of course with SCB paging disabled) is more stable than 2.0.30 I use
still use it.

I didn't notices any crashes (expect due the scsi driver) yet.

        Torsten

--
"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space.
 Because there's bugger all down here on Earth"