Re: Procmail and Pine

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 dthayer@netcom.com wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Will Lowe wrote:
>
> > Hmm.  I've got a working procmailrc which sends mail from all the debian
> > lists to ~/mail/debian,  which is a pine mail folder.  The problem is that
> > pine expects this:
> >
> > ^A^A^A^A
> > ^A^A^A^A
> >

> :0w:

I'm also not having problems with huge mesages. Note the use of the
lock file, too.

mine ~/.procmailrc looks like:

-------------------------
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

:0                              # Anything from thf
* ^To.*debian
indebian-user                            # will go to $MAILDIR/todd

:0
* ^Cc.*debian
indebian-user

:0
* ^X-Mailing-List.*debian
indebian-user

:0
$DEFAULT

# Anything that has not been delivered by now will go to $DEFAULT
# using LOCKFILE=$DEFAULT$LOCKEXT

hth,

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21