X problems

Hi,

I have tried to upgrade to the libc6 X. All was going alright apart from
some ldso warnigs when I upgraded xlib6, most of which went away when I
installed xlib6-altdev and installed xlib6g and xlib6g-dev. I upgraded
all the other stuff and all seemed fine. Then I tried running X -query
localhost as I usually do. I got the xdm prompt and logged in, then
I started getting some of the fvwm2 stuff I have but then X stopped
and I got back to the xdm prompt. I saw no other way but to downgrade to
3.3.4 Anybody has any idea as to what happened ?

Additionally, I now get an xdm window whenever I boot up despite having
the no-xdm-start-server in /etc/X11/config.

As it has been a long time since I played around with X I don't remember
what to do.
                        Any help would be appreciated

                                  Thanks
                                George