Re: Stopping mail download

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:21:19 +0000, stephen@[192.168.1.1] wrote:

>Because your using demon internet, they forward your mail when you
>dial up by SMTP. You need to disable smail in your /etc/inetd.conf
>(just put a # at the beginning of the line).

I couldn't see any smail entry in /etc/inetd,conf.  The only thing
that seemed vaguely close to what I wanted was an NNTP entry (the
comment header above it said "mail", and it had, I think, tcpd and
leafnode in the line).

How can I tell whether commenting that out has stopped my email from
being downloaded?

Of course, the next thing I want to do is set up news without email.
Oh, this is going to be a fun weekend!  :-)

rob.
--
I'm running out of strength to even ask now.
This dual-boot will be the death of me.