Stopping mail download

I'm currently trying (and not getting all that far ;-) to get my
internet connection all set up and running.  I've managed to log onto
my ISP without much trouble, although I can't remember exactly how,
and have done FTPs and so on.

However, until I get my news/email stuff set up properly I don't want
Debian downloading any mail for me, so that I can get it later in
Win95.  So, how does one disable mail download?

And yes, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Linux at the moment.

rob.  :-)
--
I'm running out of strength to even ask now.
This dual-boot will be the death of me.