Re: What happened to rpc.portmap?

I just put an older copy of rpc.portmap back onto this system and everything seems to be fine
now.  dpkg -S /usr/sbin/rpc.portmap returns netbase, so I think I found some of the problem.
The new netbase doesn't have rpc.portmap, only portmap, and dselect deleted the older
version :-).

This looks like a case for a bug report, netbase should either supply rpc.portmap or
fix the init.d script not to call it.  Am I out to lunch?  I hope so, because this could be
serious.

Later

Rob MacWilliams