Re: What happened to rpc.portmap?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: What happened to rpc.portmap?
- From: Rob MacWilliams <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 18:50:57 -0500 (EST)
- Message-id: <rob-971023185057.A01377@catbert>
- In-reply-to: <rob-971022230228.A01354@catbert>
I just put an older copy of rpc.portmap back onto this system and everything seems to be fine
now. dpkg -S /usr/sbin/rpc.portmap returns netbase, so I think I found some of the problem.
The new netbase doesn't have rpc.portmap, only portmap, and dselect deleted the older
This looks like a case for a bug report, netbase should either supply rpc.portmap or
fix the init.d script not to call it. Am I out to lunch? I hope so, because this could be
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .