modules/modutils (Re: Dselect: Obsolete packages really obsolete?)

On Sat, Oct 18, 1997 at 11:19:16AM +0200, Gernot Bauer wrote:
> Deselect tells me that there are obsolete packages in my debian system (I
> use stable contrib non-free bo). One of the obsolete packages is the
> modules-package. When I try to remove it, Debian tells me that I use a
> modular kernal and the modules-package cant be removed...
>
> Why is it listed as obsolete then?

The upstream author decided to rename the package to "modutils", which is
what the newer Debian package uses too.

Replacing modules by modutils will require some tricky dpkg stuff. Wichert?

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.