Re: boot errors

> > I receive these errors during boot-up (I included the /dev/... entries to
> > let you know at what point in the boot process the errors come up):
> >
> > Mounting local file systems ...
> > /dev/hda1 on /win type vfat (rw)
> > /dev/hdb1 on /windoze type vfat (rw)
> > /dev/hdb2 on /extra type ext2 (rw)
> > /dev/sda4 on /zip type vfat (rw)
>
> Nothing to do with the above.
>
> > SIOCSIFADDR: Operation not supported by device
> > SIOCSIFNETMASK: Operation not supported by device
> > SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Operation not supported by device
> > SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
> > SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
>
> This is all in regards to ifconfig/route. Take a look at
> /etc/init.d/network and see if you can see anything obviously wrong.
>
> Even better, send it to me and I'll tell you what to fix

okeedokee...:)  here's the 'less':

#!      /bin/sh
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0
IPADDR=208.154.103.130
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=208.154.103.0
BROADCAST=208.154.103.255
GATEWAY=208.154.100.1
ifconfig ppp ${IPADDR} netmask ${NETMASK} broadcast ${BROADCAST}
route add -net ${NETWORK}
[ "${GATEWAY}" ] && route add default gw ${GATEWAY} metric 1
/etc/init.d/network (END)

> > ...is this something I should care or worry about and if so, what is the
> > best way to remedy it?
>
> I'd worry about it if you want to use a network, yes.. :)

the only network i connect to is the internet, and that works just fine.
:)

thanks,
matty