exim / mh problems

Hello,

I have been running sendmail on my machine at home for a long time
with few problems.  I use mh and exmh, and sometimes elm.

When I recently installed Debian on a machine at work I decided to try
exim instead of sendmail.  I liked it so I replaced sendmail with exim
on my machine at home.

Now I am having some problems on my home machine.  I can send mail
fine using elm, but when I try to send a message using mh, I get the
following:

leisure:~> send
Use "/home/ken/Mail/drafts/2"? y
post: problem initializing server; [BHST] no servers available
send: message not delivered to anyone

The exim process is running in daemon mode; I can see it using ps.

Another problem is with incoming mail.  I use fetchmail to retrieve
mail from my Debian machine (flounder) at work which runs qpopper.
I believe flounder is configured properly because this worked great
when sendmail was installed at home.

This is what I get when I try to fetch mail:

leisure:~> fetchmail -v
fetchmail: 3.8.0 querying flounder.efficient.com (protocol POP3) at Fri Oct 17 08:13:53 1997
fetchmail: POP3< +OK QPOP (version 2.2) at flounder.efficient.com starting.  <8215.877093615@flounder.efficient.com>
fetchmail: POP3> USER ken
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Password required for ken.
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *

 ... [lines skipped]

skipping message 113 not flushed
skipping message 114 not flushed
skipping message 115 not flushed
skipping message 116 not flushed
skipping message 117 not flushed
fetchmail: POP3> RETR 118
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 4242 octets
reading message 118 (4242 bytes)
fetchmail: SMTP connect to (null) failed
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT