Serial TTY's

Okay, I've got a fairly out-of-the-box Bo system, and I wanted to hook
up a dumb text terminal to it (in addition to the standard console).
I've done this before on Linux and Debian machines, no problem, but
now it's not working.

For starts, I tried uncommenting the line in inittab

T1:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS1 19200 vt100

And I get a login prompt just fine.  And it prompts me for a
password.  Then a minute later getty dies and is respawned by init.

I get the same results with the corresponding commands for gettyps and
mgetty.

I am guessing that login's config is responsible, but it's a little
hard to diagnose since login_961025-2.deb's documentation doesn't
match the programs well.

Oh, and the getty is 1.45a-3

Any ideas?

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept