Re: GIMP

 > On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Matt Thompson wrote:

>> hello, all,
>>
>> I tried to install the GIMP and xtar, and when trying to run both, I get
>> the same error message:
>>
>> xtar: can't load library 'libXm.so.2' ...and: gimp: can't load library
>> 'libXm.so.2'
>>
>> ???

libXm is Motif. You are trying to install software which is dynamically
linked with Motif but you haven't Motif. For GIMP: get version 0.99.13. It
works with its own toolkit (gtk) and does not need motif anymore. Moreover,
it is much more impressive than 0.54.

For Xtar, try to use lesstif (available as a debian package). It is a free
motif clone.

	Thomas