RE: Pcmcia & Starting the network

What I actually did was almost the same ! :)
I added a 'sleep 3' right after cardmgr to give it some time to start.
CardMgr debian package DOES try to start './network start eth0' but its
not working for some reason, probably in the wrong dir or something.
Anyways, I was not gonna re-compile and spend hours configureing it
or I would go nuts if it didn't configure the first time. :)

A 'sleep 3' right after CardMgr works just fine.

I would suggest the Package Maintainer try to update to the latest
version, and fix up the scripts a bit. At the very least have the script
wait a few seconds after starting cardmgr for just this reason. Theres
no other fix then 'sleep' to the scripts right now..I think..

Thanks for the response !
Matthew