Re: Bo-Hamm was Re: ghostscript problem

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Dave Restall wrote:

> Hi,
>

> > >...... but that's hamm only.
> > >
> > Please enlighten me as to the meaning of "hamm" ?
> >

> > Ignorant
> >

> Because this question or a variance on it is asked SO OFTEN, shouldn't
> the people who decide these things be thinking "Hey perhaps we're doing
> something wrong here ?".

Not necessarily ;-)

Rex, bo, and hamm are "internal" code names for 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0
respectivly. Every project I have ever worked on had some kind of "cute"
code name (Debian code names come from the movie "Toy Story") for
internal identification. While this will probably continue to be
"confusing" to some users, I don't think this constitutes "something wrong
here". The reason this creates "regular" questions is that these are not
the names that are publicly assigned to these different releases.

Luck,

Dwarf