Help me interpret error messages

Hi,

Could someone please help me interpret the following messages:

during boot:

"/dev/hda3 (my Linux part.) has reached maximal mount count ... forced
check...."

second message (only as regular user, not as root):

$man [whatever]
(the man page does display, but with a message that obviously concerns
permissions:)

"man: can't create /var/catman/cat1/XXX(some number)
man: can't unlink /var/catman/cat1/XXX: Permission denied"

Thanx-a-million

YABBADABBADOO

Lucas Liacopoulos                "some assembly required" ... NOT!!
l_liacop@alcor.concordia.ca
Concordia U.V.
Montreal Canada