Re: check web links

Hi,
>>"Brandon" == Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> writes:

Brandon> On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>> Does anyone know a script or pgrogram for linux to check all the
>> links at a web site? I found an ancient and seemingly buggy script
>> on sunsite, but that was all.

Brandon> Mom Spider.  Hard to find, but worth the trouble.  It's a
Brandon> perl script.

	Oooh, some else that used MOM spider. I had a much hacked
 version converted to Perl 5, with the new libraries and all, which
 should still be available from somewhere in the physics department at
 umass -- unfortunately, I no longer have a copy since NT ate my old
 hard drive; and I have forgotten where it was in the physics
 department (Susan Klienman, are you listening? do you still have
 contacts with the physics dept?)

	I liked that program. I contributed the code to the authors,
 but they seemed no longer interested in it (they wrote the original
 for a paper, I think).

	manoj
--
 Even if you aren't in doubt, consider the mental welfare of the
 person who has to maintain the code after you, and who will probably