Re: fstab question

Shaleh wrote:

> is there a way to specify an item without listing a fs type.  I have an
> external parport device that I have both msdos and ext2 formatted disks
> for.
>
> --

I solved the problem with my floppy drives by specifying different mount
points
in the /etc/fstab as follows for the first floppy drive:

/dev/fd0        /floppy      ext2     rw,noauto,user    0       0
/dev/fd0        /a:          msdos    rw,noauto,user    0       0

This way I am able to mount a msdos or an ext2 floppy with a simple

mount /floppy for ext2
or
mount /a: for a msdos floppy

Have a Great Day :-)
--
          0 0
           "       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		(215) 389-5870