Re: GCC setup problem

Hi Galen,

     Thanks for your response.  Below the information you required, and
probably more...

>> Hi,
>>
>>      My GCC setup doesn't appear to be correct on my Debian 1.3.1 and 1.2
>> system.  Initially after installing it, whenever I tried to run it, the
>> message:
>>
>> GCC installation problem:
>> cannot find cc1: no such file or directory
>>
>> cc1 (and cc1plus, and libgcc.a...) were in
>> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.1/, so I created links in /usr/lib to
>> them.
>>
>Unfortunately, as you discovered later, this is a bogus workaround.  It
>deprives dpkg of information it needs.
>
>You haven't given me enough information to figure out what's wrong.  I
>need to know the following:
>
>* installed version of cpp and gcc packages
from dselect:

cpp:      2.7.2.1-8
gcc:      2.7.2.1-8
bin86:         0.4-3
binutils:      2.7.0.9-3
libc5-dev:     5.4.33-3
libg++27-dev:  2.7.2.1-8
make:          3.75-4

>* output of "gcc --version"
#gcc --version
2.7.2
#

and

#gcc -v
gcc version 2.7.2
#

>* if you have gnats installed, which version

Again from dselect:

gnats:         3.101-2
gnats-tk: 3.101-2

>--Galen