RE: GCC setup problem

> Hi,
>
>      My GCC setup doesn't appear to be correct on my Debian 1.3.1 and 1.2
> system.  Initially after installing it, whenever I tried to run it, the
> message:
>
> GCC installation problem:
> cannot find cc1: no such file or directory
>
> cc1 (and cc1plus, and libgcc.a...) were in
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.2.1/, so I created links in /usr/lib to
> them.

Unfortunately, as you discovered later, this is a bogus workaround.  It
deprives dpkg of information it needs.

You haven't given me enough information to figure out what's wrong.  I
need to know the following:

* installed version of cpp and gcc packages
* output of "gcc --version"
* if you have gnats installed, which version

--Galen